Use a business letter format when writing the GRE waiver letter, but then also check their site for any additional instructions to follow. You must next address the person you’re writing the letter for, or the Admissions Committee itself if you didn’t find the info on whom to address the letter to university for waiver of GRE. Begin stating your appeal for the waiving of the GRE test scores. Next, highlight the reasons for the request, and see to it they’re concise and clear – and factual. Lastly, summarize and request their reply, and then thank them for reading the letter to university for waiver of GRE.
What Are GRE Fee Waivers?
The Graduate Record Exam (GRE) helps to offer prospective graduate and business school applicants from all around the world who are interested in pursuing a master’s, MBA, specialized master’s in business or doctoral degree and who come from varying educational and cultural backgrounds provide schools with a common measure for comparing each candidate’s qualifications. ETS, the organization that designed and administers the test, only offers a GRE fee waivers for some students and aspirants. The fee waiver programs are limited and strictly based on a first come- first served basis. The fee reduction program only compensates half of the test fee and the rest has to be paid by the student, which means that the fee reduction certificate that is issued can be used either for one general test or for one subject test only.
Who Is Entitled to a Fee Waiver for GRE?
Unlike many scholarship programs of most colleges that mainly focus on the grades and merits achieved by the student that applies, the fee waiver for GRE program only takes into consideration the current financial situation of the applying candidates. To receive a GRE college tuition waiver, a candidate must prove their eligibility:
- Must be a citizen of the United States or a resident alien
- College seniors must be receiving financial aid from a US Territory/US/Puerto Rico based undergraduate college
- A college senior, who is dependent, should have an Institutional Student Information Report (ISIR) that declares that the parental contribution in the senior year at college was not more than $1400
- The ISIR of a self-supporting college senior should declare a contribution of not more than $1800 in the senior year
- Un-enrolled college graduates must have proof that states that they have applied for financial aid (They should possess an ISIR that states that they are self-supporting and that the financial contribution in the senior year of college was not more than $1800)
- Unemployed students should be able to prove their unemployed status and declare that they have been unemployed for at least six months. They are also required to attach a copy of the Unemployed Benefits Statement from the past 90 days as proof of their unemployed status.
How to Register for a GRE Waiver
- In general, your school’s financial aid office should be able to give you information about applying for GRE waivers. Going directly to the ETS website is another way but we have included some tips here with the process broken down to make it easier for you:
- Contact your financial aid office or student loan office and inquire into your eligibility for and request a GRE Fee Reduction Certificate.
- Get your signed GRE Fee Reduction Certificate, with embossed school seal or stamp and official signature. It should be stapled to a copy of your Institutional Student Information Record (ISIR) showing an expected family or personal contribution of no more than $1,400.
- Download and fill out the Computer Based revised General Test (CBT) Authorization Voucher Request Form from the GRE website.
- Mail the CBT AVR Form, the GRE Fee Reduction Certificate, the ISIR, a copy of an Unemployment Benefits Statement from the last 90 days if unemployed and a check for $97.50 to:
Pittsburgh, PA 15250-7859
Having completed the above steps, you should wait around 4 weeks for them to send you the authorization voucher before signing up to take the test. This all needs to be done before the expiration date, which is June 30th.
What to Include in the Letter to University for Waiver of GRE
The letter to university for waiver of GRE must include:
- Subject line
- Basic style (intro, body paragraph, and closing paragraph)
- Closing remarks
- Signature above-printed name
Follow this quick guide and improve your GRE score and university waiver letter. For help, you may want to contact our expert for Graduate Record Examinations waiver letter.
Our Professional Writers Can Help with GRE Waiver Letter
We understand how extremely difficult it can be to write any kind of official document, especially if you are not used to or familiar with what should be written. Our professional writers have had many years of experience in writing a letter to university for waiver of GRE for the academic applications process. In using our expert services, you will benefit from:
- Highly affordable services with flexible discounts and no hidden extras in any format f.e. GMAT waiver letter example
- 24/7 friendly ordering and customer support with waiver letter help
- Professional proofreading
- Uniquely written letters by highly educated professionals
- A fully confidential service
- On time delivery, guaranteed every time
- 100% full satisfaction or your money back
For a service that will help get you the GRE waiver letter that you need, get in touch with our support staff now for a service that you can trust and afford!