GRE Waiver Letter Samples and Writing HelpOrder Now
You will have to write a GRE waiver letter where you explain why you want the admission board to grant you that request.
If you have a low GRE score, you will have to explain, briefly, why you got that grade. This can either be because you have some family problems, health issues, or personal complications that prevent you from getting good grades. Take a look at a GRE waiver request letter sample and use it as a guide to write yours.
You should add any relevant experience you may have that will grant you the waiver. You will also have to write why are you asking for that waiver and state anything that may support your request.
In some schools, if you have at least five years of relevant experience, the school can waive your GRE®. It can also be waived if you have had any personal issue that prevented you from getting a high GRE® score.
In this case, you can attach any tests that you may have takes to prove your knowledge. Or, if you have just completed an undergraduate degree at the same university, you can state that when asking for a waiver.
GRE Waiver Request Letter Eligibility
Many graduate degree programs require that you include your Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores as part of the application package. GRE scores provide admissions officials with a means to assess an applicant’s ability to successfully complete the program applied for. However, there are cases where admissions might consider waiving the GRE requirements if the applicant can display that they have the necessary skills and abilities the GRE scores are intended to demonstrate.
Most programs have criteria requirements that must be met before you will be eligible to even be considered for a GRE waiver. Requirements vary from program to program but are usually similar. If you meet the institution’s eligibility requirements you may then submit a GRE waiver letter, like our GMAT waiver letter sample, requesting the GRE requirements be waived. Being eligible for a waiver does not guarantee that it will be granted. It only means that your request will be considered.
The following are some examples of criteria that may make you eligible for a GRE waiver:
- Possess at least 10 years of professional experience in your field
- Have previously achieved an acceptable score on the GRE but it was more than 5 years ago. (GRE scores from within the past 5 years are good)
- Have a graduate level degree from another institution with a superior record in graduate-level work.
How to Write the GRE Waiver Letter
To improve the chances of a GRE waiver being granted, your GRE waiver letter must convince admissions officials that you have the same skills and abilities that the GRE would demonstrate if you did take it. Unless otherwise instructed, the GRE waiver letter can be written in a business letter format.
The following is a basic outline of how to structure the GRE waiver letter and what should be included:
- First paragraph: State that you are requesting that the GRE requirement be waived and provide an overview of the criteria that make you eligible for the waiver
- Body: The body should consist of two to three paragraphs. You should discuss the last 10 years of your work experience that relates to the skills assessed by the GRE or the past 5-10 years of any graduate-level research you have been involved with, depending on which particular criteria you have met. Include specific examples that show how you have demonstrated certain skills. You can’t cover everything so choose two or three particular skills to focus on, that would be considered the most desirable for the particular program.
- Conclusion: Thank the letter recipient for their time and for considering your request for a GRE waiver.
Don’t forget to revise and proofread both GMAT waiver letter and a GRE waiver request. If you are considering requesting a GRE cost waiver you should be aware that the graduate programs are not the place to make these requests. That is a different letter completely. If you are having problems with the GRE waiver letter you may want to consider using the waiver letter writing service we provide.
When writing your GRE waiver request letter, you should pay extra attention to some things. First, you should be extra careful with the language you use. Do not forget you are writing to ask for a waiver so you will have to use formal language and thank the reader at the end of your letter.
Also, pay attention to your grammar. Your waiver letter should be written in excellent English grammar. Thus, if you think you do not have perfect writing skills, you should ask for professional writing help. Last, but not least, always remember to revise your letter. Proofreading it before sending it can help you avoid any silly mistakes you may have made.
Interesting Facts about Low GRE Score
The Graduate Record Examination, also called GRE, is a standardized exam taken by students looking to apply for a postgraduate study in the United States and other countries. There are actually several sections to take note of in the tests and we’ll discuss here.
Interesting Low GRE Score Statistics
- A US citizen average a score of about six (6) points lower on the Math subject and six (6) points higher on verbal, as compared to other non-US citizens.
- China records a higher Math average score at 162.9, no other countries average higher than 160.
- New Zealand applicants record the highest GRE score for the verbal test, 157.3
- Engineering majors rank highest in terms of average in math, 158.9
- Art and humanities majors rank highest for verbal tests, 156.5, and then an AWA score, 4.1
What Is the Average GRE Score by Intended Graduate Majors?
What Are the Average GRE Scores for Top Programs?
If you are looking for an impressive waiver letter, then go ahead and place your order available at a 25% discount. Use the code GRE25 today!
Our GRE Waiver Letter Writing Services
If you are worried about the GRE cost waiver letter, let us tell you we have affordable prices to help you with your letter. We guarantee that our low-cost services always deliver high-quality results. Our waiver letter writing professionals can help you convince the admission board to grant you an IELTS or a TOEFL waiver.
Our experienced writers will draft and polish your letter using your personal story as an inspiration. They will only deliver letters that are 100% original and error free. Our skilled writers will use a catchy language to ensure your letter is successful. Through our personal approach, we can help you write the perfect waiver letter you are looking for. There are many reasons for using our service to request a GRE waiver. Some of the advantages of using our service include:
- Original GRE waiver letter that written by a professional writer who has extensive experience with the GRE waiver process
- Guarantee of complete customer satisfaction and on-time delivery with every letter we write.
- Live customer support 24/7
- Complete customer confidentiality